fredag 22. februar 2013

Sweet tips + art update

Hey!

Today I wanted to make a small update with some art I have made recently, 
and also a recommendation for you all! ^0^

I´ve quickly mentioned it before, but recently I have been reeeeeally into reading a manga called 

Yumeiro Patissiere

It´s about a girl named Ichigo, who loves eating cakes and sweet treats, and she has a very refined taste for them. One day she is picked out to start at a school for confections and baking, 
so she can learn more about making cakes! ^^
There she meets others who likes baking, and she also meets the sweets spirits. The sweets spirits are small, fairy-like creatures that has been sent to earth from the sweets kingdom to learn about making sweets and cakes! So, they have to choose a human to be their partner. 

Ichigo meets a sweets spirit called "Vanilla" (whose speciality is vanilla flavoured things)
 and they become great friends <3
After a while she figures out some of the others also have sweets spirits, and they all have specialities they are good at (and their names usually give them away ;-3


I love this manga because it features gorgeous shoujo art, and tons of details just drowned in cuteness ;v; Seriously, even though either Ichigo or any of the others are lolitas, 
they dress in super frilly clothing with tons of adorable alice-like details, 
bows, buttons, frills, lace, pintucks and sparkly little gems all over the place. So If, you are looking for a cute comic to read, that can fit with your sweet image, or just to please your kawaii-craving soul, look no further, this is it! It is an incredibly cute story, filled with all the most delicious and dreamy treats you could ever imagine ( new ones in every chapter!),  combined with adorable fashion and wonderfully sweet shoujo faces (enormous glittery eyes anyone???) and elaborate cute hairstyles. Forever a favourite in my heart, now that I´ve found it. I wish to purchase the actual manga books as soon as I can afford it, and I will try to watch the anime series as well. For now, I´ve just got to settle with reading it online as it updates >.<"



Since I completely fell in love with this series, I couldn´t stand not making any kind of fan art to show my appreciation of it, and thus.... these two pictures where made :3 

This drawing I made about 1-2 weeks ago, using paint tool sai ^^ I am very pleased with the result, and I think it is the prettiest digital drawing I´ve ever made ;v; 
So I am actually quite proud of it, and not afraid to say so! 

It is Vanilla-chan, Ichigos sweets spirit! ^0^ I really love her design, so I just had to draw her! She has the cutest hairstyle, don´t you think? I had no idea what to put in the background, so I made some bows, and cakes (first time drawing digital food like this!).... I am sorry the cherry pie looks a bit derp, it´s my first time drawing it >.< I like how the cookie came out though! It looks like it has actual texture and everything :D yay!
 I also find it hard to draw gold, so the spoon might look a bit funny :-/... All in all though, I am really happy with it! ^0^ I hope you guys like it also! Please let me know what you think <3 



The second fanart picture I made, I finished only today! 
I have promised myself to draw more male characters this year, because I am quite bad at male anatomy and such >.< But I really like how (some of) this came out! I only used my own hands as reference, live-acting the poses, not even taking pictures while I drew ^0^

This is Kashino! One of the "sweets princes" that Ichigo befriends at the school. He is actually not the kind of guy to smile, but I wanted to make him look happy for once ^^ His sweets spirit is called Chocolate, so you can guess her speciality ;-3 hehe... 
The story of this picture is that Kashino just made that delicious café latte, mocca and physalis cake (with pocky topping) and he is letting us know that he couldn´t have done it without the help of his wonderful fairy friend, Chocolate ^^ hihi <333 
I made this only using photoshop for the colouring, so I know it´s not as good as the previous one... I really wanna become good at using photoshop also though, 
so I need to practice even though it´s kinda tedious at times >.<"""""
The one thing I see that is really off in this picture, is his shoulders... but I find it very hard drawing shoulders underneath clothing like that, so I guess that´s just something I´ll have to practice... 
Please let me know what you think of this one also!


So yeah, If you feel as enchanted about this adorable manga series as I do,
 and just wanna get to reading it straight away you can do so 



I, for one, can´t wait for the next updated chapter ;v;
 It fills me with fuzzy warm feelings when I read it.




Do you make fanart of things you like?







I hope you enjoyed todays cuteness tip, and artupdate!
Tuning out from kawaii-land, until next time, with more cute everyday life

13 kommentarer:

  1. Gosh! Your drawing skills are amazing *o* Very cute ~ Love it :)

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. thank you so much ; v; that means very much to me<3 It makes me so happy ^0^ *huggles*

      Slett
  2. Lovely! I make some fanart, but nothing official I guess.. just doodles at school and stuff :P

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. aww, but that is nice also!^^ those are often the best kinds, because they are more personal :3

      Slett
  3. I love both of them! You are really talented. I want to start doing some digital drawings in the future, but I don't know if I would be good at them :/

    Anyway, I love your blog and just started following ^^

    xo

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you ^^ I am glad you like them! :)
      Oh, do digital art if you want to! No one is good when they first start out. I still have a looong way to go before my drawings get good, so believe me, I know! >.<
      Glad you like the blog also!^0^

      Slett
  4. I think my comment wasn't posted. :(
    I wanted to tell you that your art is really, really wonderful dear! You are so talented!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. thank you sweetie ^^ That means a lot to me! <3

      Slett
  5. YESSSs Yumeiro Patisierre is one of my favourite series! I loved the anime, it was adorable. There's a sequel to the anime when they're grown up called Yumeiro Patisierre Professional! :]

    SvarSlett